vrijdag 6 maart 2015

My Kitchen experiences - PART SIX - Grilled halloumi cheese with zucchini fries and black olives



Halloumi is a cheese I've just recently discovered.

It's a Cypriot semi-hard, unripened brined cheese made from a mixture of goat's and sheep's milk and sometimes also cow's milk.

It can easily be fried or grilled which gives you this nice looking crust.

You can combine in with all sorts of veggies.


Today I found the following ingredients on my list:

- 1 thick slice of Halloumi cheese
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small tomato
- a handful of black olives ( without pits)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil


Chop the zucchini into small pieces.

Cut a small tomato into cubes.

Put the mix into a casserole, add a tablespoon of olive oil and a handful of black olives.

Put this into the oven at 180 degrees for about 25 minutes.

In the mean time: grill ( or bake) the halloumi for a couple of minutes until both sides get this nice golden color.


Use your creativity. Smiley faces always make my day.


Enjoy your meal.



PS: don't forget to join my google + community:  Stef in the kitchen

Facebook page: Stef on a journey

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Blogarchief